Foursquare has added a new feature that allows anyone to embed an “Add To My Foursquare” button on their blog or website. If you have a hyper-local real estate blog, this is an easy way to allow your website visitors to add things to their Foursquare to-do list.
Say hello to the ‘Add to My foursquare’ button. You don’t always learn about new places from your friends, you may have read a review of someplace in the paper. Since there hasn’t been a good way of remembering a review when you’re nearby, we’ve rolled out a new embeddable ‘Add to My foursquare’ button, which connects what you find on the web with your foursquare To-Do List. Read the review, click on the button, and that tip about tasty cupcakes is now on your phone. It’s likeInstapaper, but for things to experience in the real world. via Foursquare
How do I embed the ‘Add to my foursquare’ button on my website?
Step 1: Find an existing venue or tip on Foursquare by searching the site. If a venue or tip does not exist, your can create it by clicking on the “Add Things” button.
Step 2: Click on the </> button on the bottom of the venue or tip.
Step 3: Pick what button style you want to use.
Step 4: Click the copy button and past the embed code on your website. If you use WordPress be sure you are in HTML mode and not Visual mode when pasting the code.
That is it! Your new Foursquare button will be embedded on your website!
7 Ways to use the Foursquare Button:
1) Embed the “Add To My Foursquare” button next to your business address on your website or blog. This will allow visitors to your website the ability to add going to your business location as a to-do item.
2) Embed the button next to places you are going to be. You might be going to a real estate conference or maybe a WordCamp WordPress conference. Your blog readers might want to visit these same places and can add them to their to-do list.
3) Embed the “Add To My Foursquare” button next to local events happening in your city.
4) Is there a new restaurant or business opening in your market? Embed the button in a blog post about a new grand opening that is scheduled.
5) Do you blog about restaurants or local business on your real estate blog? Embed the Foursquare button next to each business you blog about.
6) You can add the button to not only venues on Foursquare, but tips as well. You might have a great tip about your favorite dish at a restaurant. Keep your blog readers coming back to your site with new tips.
7) Are you hosting an open house? If you add the open house as a location on Foursquare you can use Foursquare to help promote it.
Why would I want to use this?
Every business that has a website could embed this button next to their business address. Foursquare users will receive a push to-do reminder when they check-in near you. Read that again, users will receive a push reminder when they check-in near you.
So let’s say a user has added your business to their Foursquare to-do list. If that user checks-in anywhere near you, they will be reminded that your location is close by and that they wanted to visit you.
This is a really exciting feature than can help business owners convert web traffic into foot traffic.
Are you going to use the new Foursquare button?